Hit Sniffer

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Useful Information About Skype

Skype www.skype.com   is very useful.  I have a coworker who was traveling abroad and we were trying to figure out the best, most cost-effective way to communicate.  We used to have a calling card that we would refill with money every time it depleted.  Unfortunately, I lost the physical card, I couldn't remember the website the card came from and there were no instructions anywhere on how to refill the card with money.  So, I asked our IT department what they knew as alternatives.  They came up with Skype.  I didn't quite understand at first.  I thought Skype was just for computer to computer wifi connected chit chat with or without video.  My IT contact told me that Skype actually had another feature which was, in essence, a "calling card".  What I would have to do would be to add money to my Skype account, obtain Skype credits, and then look up their international chart so that I could see how much per minute it would cost to any country of my choosing. 

The rates were comparable to the lower priced calling cards out there.  I was amazed.  This was a more portable, reliable method. There was also a feature that allowed for auto-refill of the Skype credits (they pull money from your credit card) whenever you dipped below $2.  That way, you could avoid the hassle of being disconnected in the middle of a conversation while using Skype credits.

So, this "calling card" feature would actually allow you to log in to Skype, pull up their telephone key pad, dial the cell number or landline of the person you are trying to reach - either from your laptop, ipad, or cell phone -  and make a phone call.



How to use Skype to save on international calls   http://www.fodors.com/news/story_4687.html


Making calls using Skype credit  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5RkVm4XsMc
 
 
Next big thing on the Internet:  http://riptideteam.com/10504
 
 
 
 














No comments:

Post a Comment